Training grants and fellowships are intended to support graduate students and postdoctoral researchers as they pursue their research and training goals.
- Fellowships are awarded to support individual students and postdocs, under the mentorship of an identified faculty PI.
- Training grants support a graduate training program and are intended to support multiple graduate students and/or postdocs pursuing research and careers in the area of the training program. Learn more about training grants (pdf)
Training grant and fellowship program resources
The information below is primarily for institutional programs; for information about individual fellowship programs, see our Fellowship Opportunities page.
NIH Kirschstein NRSA training grants and fellowships
- NIH training grant stipend rates
- NIH training grant administration information
- List of NIH training grant programs at UW-Madison
- NIH T Kiosk
- NIH F Kiosk
- NIH forms and applications
- NIH Grants Policy Statement Section 11.3: Institutional Research Training Grants
- NIH xTrain information
- NIH Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR) information
- HHS Assurance of Compliance form
- NIH training grant budget examples, FY 2015 (pdf)
NSF IGERT (Integrative Graduate Education and Research Traineeship)
Routing/submissions: Trish Barribeau or Christy Schulz, 265-3386
Training grant questions: Mallory Musolf, 265-8177
Office of Postdoctoral Studies: Imogen Hurley, 265-6225