In some cases, a project account may be set up before an award is fully finalized.
- Requests for advance accounts are initiated by the PI (or a department representative) via a WISPER Approval Request.
- Clearances must be approved and filled in, effort and COI must be up to date and the project hyperlink, including effort, must be complete.
- Requests are reviewed by the SMPH Research Division, and approved requests are submitted to RSP for account setup.
- An overview of the advance account request/approval process is below; for complete instructions, see RSP’s WISPER – Request Project ID in Advance of Award reference guide.
Back to top
Advance account requests
Note: Before requesting an advance account number, all applicable project/protocol details must be complete, PI must sign for the award in WISPER and written confirmation of the proposal’s funding status and start date must be received from the sponsor.
- Log into WISPER from the using your NetID and password.
- Locate the project record from your My WISPER worklist or the Search page.
- Click the Approvals tab, then click Initiate New Approval Request.
- In the Approval Type drop-down menu, choose Request Advance Award.
- In the Approval Request box, enter any justification or comments that may assist the division in reviewing the request.
- In the Requested Approver drop-down menu, choose SMPH.
- Click Add Approval at lower-left to submit the request.
Back to top