A complete listing of School of Medicine and Public Health committees can be found in the school’s bylaws (pdf). The bylaws explain each committee’s purpose and provide general information including the school’s governing structure and its mission, vision, values and diversity commitment.
Along with the privilege and power of our shared governance tradition, comes the responsibility to participate, including service on SMPH committees. The rewards of committee service include the opportunity to gain important and valuable insights into the critical functions of the school and to have an important impact on our school’s missions.
Several SMPH committees include student, faculty and/or academic staff members elected by their peers. Annually, an electronic call for nominations is sent to relevant stakeholders for committees with faculty or academic staff vacancies. The call for nominations provides a brief description of each committee with one or more vacancies, the type of representative sought, length of term and meeting responsibilities. Stakeholders from diverse backgrounds and levels of experience are encouraged to self-nominate or to nominate others (with their consent) for committee service.
Following the nomination period, an electronic announcement of open committee elections is sent to relevant stakeholders. Ballots are cast online during a two-week election window. New committee members are announced via email newsletter shortly thereafter.
The bylaws contain information about the following committees, some of which have their charters or additional information linked below.
List of Committees and Councils
- Academic Planning Council (APC)
- Administrative Policy Development and Review Committee (APDRC)
- Committee on Academic Staff Issues (CASI)
- Dean’s Leadership Team (DLT)
- Educational Leadership Team (ELT)
- Educational Policy and Curriculum Committee (EPCC)
- Faculty Advisory Committee (FAC)
- Faculty and Staff Equity and Diversity Committee
- Faculty Committee on Distinguished Awards
- Faculty Track Committees
- Interprofessional Continuing Education Partnership (ICEP) Leadership Committee
- Medical Student Admissions Committee (MSAC)
- Medical Student Honors and Awards Committee
- Medical Student Promotion and Academic Review Committee (SPARC)
- Medical Student Scholarships Committee
- Quality Improvement and LCME Steering Committee
- Student Grievance Board
- Student Mistreatment Triage Committee
- Technical Standards Accommodation Advisory Committee