New Process: All web and digital requests must be entered via the Web Request Form.
Requests entered via the form will be reviewed twice a week by the Office of Strategic Communications (OSC) with the Web team. Those with a high priority ranking will move into triage, web consultation and web production.
Priority status will be placed on business-critical updates. These include:
- Time-sensitive materials related to admissions
- Leadership recruitments,
- News releases,
- Governance requirements,
Other requests may be triaged lower in order to accommodate business-critical updates.
Please allow a minimum of three business days for a response to your form submission. After that time, the OSC team will update you on the status of your submission and a possible timetable for updates, and if deferred, alternative recommendations for content amplification.
We appreciate your patience as we manage the many requests for website updates and your collaboration on this new process to submitting all web requests.
How to request website or intranet updates
Please use the Web submission form to ensure you have all of the information collected for updates, and to assist with the tracking and triage of requests.
To submit an item for the events calendar, see this guide to adding events to the SMPH website.
Please note: For extensive updates or to add new sections of content, the turnaround time will depend on available resources and the project scope. We will not be able to complete extensive projects on short notice.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Requests for custom websites
When a new website request falls within the scope of the UW Health’s work, it will be built within the framework of the existing public site or intranet, depending on the audience. Examples of requests that are within scope include:
- Requests for websites or supporting content for any health professions program
- Supporting content for the school’s core administrative units
If the request is out of scope, we will in most cases recommend using UW-Madison’s WiscWeb WordPress Service. Examples that are out of scope include:
- Requests for individual lab websites
- Requests for new center or institute websites
- Requests to manage graduate program websites
- Any request that does not serve the strategic goals or mission, vision and values of the School of Medicine and Public Health
Intranet Access Requests
The SMPH intranet is hosted by the WiscWeb WordPress Service. Administrative units can be granted access to WordPress to manage their own sections of the SMPH intranet.
- Please use the Web submission form. Check the button for Intranet
- The internal communications team will follow up to discuss scope of work, objectives and goals, if necessary.
- Prospective content managers will be required to complete DoIT’s WordPress training.
- Upon completion, the web team will provide access to WordPress.
- Faculty and staff can only manage content for the administrative unit in which they work.
- The content contributor should be someone who will regularly interact with the site.
- Content contributors will adhere to the editorial and design style guides.
- Content contributors will follow best practices for responsive design and accessibility.
- No custom fonts, colors, text effects or other nonstandard typography or design elements can be used. This includes word clouds, blinking text and custom style sheets.
- The web center has final authority over the appearance of all content and may request changes on non-compliant pages.
- Tech support and general WordPress help is provided by DoIT. UW Health can provide guidance on overall content strategy and project management.