The UW Health Marketing and Communications team dedicated to SMPH includes a web content, marketing, and media strategist and draws on the resources of programmers, graphic designers, and social media and email marketing specialists.
The UW Health Marketing and Communications team manages the public website and select intranet pages as the school’s primary Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube pages.
New Process: All web and digital requests must be entered via the Web Request Form.
Requests entered via the form will be reviewed twice a week by the Office of Strategic Communications (OSC) with the Web team. Those with a high priority ranking will move into triage, web consultation and web production.
Priority status will be placed on business-critical updates. These include:
- Time-sensitive materials related to admissions
- Leadership recruitments,
- News releases,
- Governance requirements,
Other requests may be triaged lower in order to accommodate business-critical updates.
Please allow a minimum of three business days for a response to your form submission. After that time, the OSC team will update you on the status of your submission and a possible timetable for updates, and if deferred, alternative recommendations for content amplification.
We appreciate your patience as we manage the many requests for website updates and your collaboration on this new process to submitting all web requests.
Areas of expertise
- Content strategy
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- User experience/user interaction
- Responsive design
- Social media
How to request website or intranet updates
Please use the Web submission form to ensure you have all of the information collected for updates, and to assist with the tracking and triage of requests.
To submit an item for the events calendar, see this guide to adding events to the SMPH website.
Please note: For extensive updates or to add new sections of content, the turnaround time will depend on available resources and the project scope. We will not be able to complete extensive projects on short notice.
The process of creating a new section of content may include all or some of these steps:
- Initial inquiry from faculty or staff member
- Followup from UW Health to set a meeting to discuss the project in more detail, including audience, goals, strategy, content development, project responsibilities and timeline
- Creation by Web and Marketing team of a project plan for a single location for teams to navigate project work. Tools include Google sheets and Box folders.
- Gathering or creation of source content and supporting materials
- Time for editing and user experience consultation content
- Creation of draft web pages
- Draft pages review
- Revisions and/or approval
- Pages published to website
UW Health Marketing and Communications manages the primary social media accounts for the School of Medicine and Public Health:
Social media policies
Individuals or programs that use social media must take care not to violate patient privacy rules. Additional guidance can be found from existing social media policies:
Policies for Social Media at UWSMPH