Being a UW-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health (SMPH) Clinical Adjunct faculty member enables you to contribute to the education of the next generation of health science clinicians and become a living part of the Wisconsin Idea.
Your Clinical Adjunct status will provide you with:
- Opportunities to teach and mentor learners interested in working on efforts that support evidenced based clinical practice – learners often raise questions based on recent discoveries and/or observations that can improve care for your patients.
- Access to brief and in-depth faculty development materials that are focused, efficient and ready to use. Topics range from resources on the challenging learner and DE&I to online learning tools and feedback and evaluation. https://intranet.med.wisc.edu/faculty-affairs-and-development/faculty-central-resources-2/developing-educators/
- A UW-Madison faculty title you may use in presentations, scientific publications, and in venues when contributing to the missions of the SMPH as outlined in your appointment letter
- Networking opportunities with faculty members at UW-Madison and across the state through:
- UW-Madison NetID, email account and Wiscard provides:
- There may be more opportunities in your department so check your departments’ website and newsletter for options
- As a community member in Wisconsin don’t forget to check out these options if you find yourself in Madison: