This page serves as a resource for employees of the UW School of Medicine and Public Health (SMPH), illuminating how compensation can become a management and organizational tool that can assist SMPH achieve its mission and business strategies while abiding by its values and integrating common understanding, language, and procedures behind compensation activities and processes throughout the school and its employees.
SMPH has kicked off the Calendar Year 23 portion of the 2021-2023 state of Wisconsin and UW-Madison pay plan exercise. Information about the pay plan including eligibility criteria and a timeline can be found here:
All Staff Communication
Title and Total Compensation Employee Resources
Resources that SMPH managers and employees can use to review and confirm new title assignments as a result of the Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project.
- UW-Madison Job Title Appeals Website
- UW-Madison Automated Employee Job Title Appeal Application
- Employee Guide to Access and Navigate the Automated Title Appeals System
- Employee Guide to TTC Job Title Appeals
- TTC Title Appeal Process Information
- TTC Notification Letter Employee Resource
- SMPH Business Title Guidelines
- TTC Managers/Supervisors Resource Packet
- What is Staying the Same? What is Changing?
- Manager and Lead Worker Responsibilities & Standard Job Descriptions
- Job Aid – Tips for Creating a Position Description
- Employee Conversation FAQs
For more information about the UW-Madison Title and Total Compensation project, check out the the campus TTC website!
Annual Compensation Initiatives
SMPH has kicked off the Fiscal Year 23 Central Compensation Program Implementation. Information about the programs including eligibility criteria and a timeline can be found here: