Our goal is to be a national leader among academic medical centers in anti-racism and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Explore resources in the box on the right and learn more about our office below.
- Employee Resource Groups
- Badge Backers — Tips for Preventing and Responding to Microaggressions
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Modules in Canvas
- Equity, Inclusion & Engagement Policy Assessment Toolkit
- Ensuring an Inclusive, Healthy Climate (Office of Faculty Affairs and Development)
- Office of Multicultural Affairs (Office of Academic Affairs)
- Native American Center for Health Professions
Role of the Office of Diversity and Equity Transformation
Provide overall strategic leadership, direction and coordination of DEI practices.
Triage, oversee and promote effective DEI-related collaborative efforts across the school and UW Health.
Advance measurable progress by composing high-impact and effective DEI innovation across our missions through transformation.
Serving both UW School of Medicine and Public Health and UW Health, our aim is to be:
- Targeted: Focusing on specific strategies that are integrated and aligned across the organization to allow intentional, systemic change.
- Streamlined: Breaking down siloed work and connecting across the system to develop strategic and transformative approaches.
- Impactful: Placing organizational attention in key areas including advancing diversity, equity and inclusion efforts that engage staff, and actions to advance DEI in the basic science departments, institutes, centers, and programs.