Please review the eligibility requirements and expectations for the Employee Resource Groups (ERG) before submitting the application below.
- Any UW Health & SMPH employee* who meets the following requirements is encouraged to apply
- At least 0.5 FTE
- Supervisor signature of support for participation
- Continues to meet eligibility requirements throughout participation in the program
*Employees in training and student employees are not eligible. Staff, including postdoctoral fellows and graduate students with appointments such as teaching assistant or research assistant, and faculty are eligible.
- Communicate continuously with supervisor regarding ERG attendance
- Commit to continued growth and personal development throughout the tenure of time on the ERG
- Uphold the Conversation Agreements, confidentiality of others, and of UW Health & SMPH
- Discuss concerns or possible changes to participation with co-chairs
Participant’s Supervisor Expectations
- Make participant available to attend and participate in meetings (1-2 hours a month) on paid time
- Support the participant’s ongoing growth and personal/professional development
- Contact Afra Smith, DEI Program Consultant, at ASmith9@uwhealth.org with questions or concerns about participation in the ERG
- Notify Afra Smith, DEI Program Consultant, at ASmith9@uwhealth.org if the participant’s eligibility changes at any time during and/or after the application and selection process
Before submitting a statement of interest
- Communicate with your supervisor about your interest in joining an ERG. After you hit submit, they will receive an email with instructions on how to approve your involvement. They must complete this for you to join.
- Know that if you are selected to participate in this ERG, you will need to work with your supervisor to ensure you get paid to attend these meetings times if they take place outside of your regularly scheduled work hours.
Review the charter for the ERG you are expressing interest in:
- LGBTQ+ ERG (QUILTBAG)
- Women’s Leadership ERG
- Black/African/African American ERG
- Military Service Membership ERG
- LatinX ERG
- Asian/Asian American/Pacific Islander ERG