2022 Women in Medicine and Science Symposium
Save the Date!
Join us for the annual Group on Women in Medicine and Science Symposium on Tuesday, November 29, 2022, from 2-5 pm. Both virtual and in-person attendance options will be available.
Registration and agenda coming soon!
- November 29
Nominations open for 2022 GWIMS Faculty Awards
Nominations are currently being accepted for the annual UW SMPH GWIMS Faculty Awards. These awards aim to honor the work of GWIMS members at all ranks and all tracks. Awards will presented at the annual Group on Women in Medicine & Science Symposium on Tuesday, November 29, 2022.
All nominees must be UW SMPH GWIMS members. If you have someone in mind who is not a member, please encourage them to join our chapter by submitting our membership form. Current GWIMS Steering Committee members are not eligible for awards.
Nomination packets must contain:
- Two letters of support (1-2 pages) from:
- Department Chair/Vice Chair or Division Chief, as applicable
- Curriculum vitae
Nominate an outstanding faculty for one of the following awards:
- GWIMS Impact Award recognize faculty with ongoing and substantive impact in an area(s) of academic medicine and science in any area, such as advocacy, clinical work, education, research, program development, administration, community involvement, faculty development, etc. Three Impact awardees will be selected annually.
- GWIMS Advancing Women in Medicine and Science Award recognizes scholarship or advocacy work specifically advancing women in medicine and science.
- GWIMS Excellence in Mentorship Award recognizes sustained and effective mentorship in advancing women’s careers in medicine and science.
- GWIMS/BIRCWH Women’s Health Research Mentorship Award recognizes the impactful mentorship of women scientists fostering successful careers in women’s health and sex/gender differences research. The award is co-sponsored by the UW BIRCWH Program.
🟥 Nominations are due by 5:00 pm CST on October 4, 2022. Submit an award nomination using this form.
Congratulations to these recently promoted GWIMS faculty!
|Heidi Brown — OBGYN||Tabby Kennedy — Radiology||Andrea Schnell — Medicine|
|Kristin Caldera — Orthopedics||Lori Mankowski Gettle — Radiology||Zhengzheng Tang — B&MI|
|Jensi Carlson — DFMCH||Maria Martin Rother — Radiology||Bryn Webb — Pediatrics|
|Eileen Cowan — Pediatrics||Kristina Matkowskyj — Pathology||Sarah Webber — Pediatrics|
|Christine Heisler — OBGYN||Aurora Pop-Vicas — Medicine||Jessica Young — Medicine|
|Laura Houser — Pediatrics||Vanessa Rein — Medicine||Amy Zelenski — Medicine|
|Sarah James — DFMCH||Jessica Schmidt — Emergency Medicine|
Looking for more?
Select any resource category below to be redirected to the corresponding resource list.