All members of Building Community committees and work groups are encouraged to wear “Ask Me About Building Community” pins at any SMPH functions during which you are willing to field inquiries from members about the scope, breadth and strength of this effort.
Focus group discussions indicate that many learners, staff and faculty are curious and want to know more about our commitment to the Building Community endeavor, what it means for their day-to-day learning and work and how to get involved. As as ambassador for this effort, your perspective and outreach is invaluable. Talking points to include could be:
- “The University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health is focusing on one goal: to create a community where all learners, staff and faculty feel valued, included and empowered.”
- “Building Community is a fundamental transition in how we approach our working and learning environment.”
- “There are many hands involved in this – more than 100 people serve on the Steering Committee and four different work teams. I serve on _____ and we focus on _____.”
- “To learn more, visit intranet.med.wisc.edu/buildingcommunity”
- “Feedback and inclusion is important. You can submit feedback on the Building Community website, or if you have thoughts that you’d like to share with me, I’d be happy to share them with my committee/work team.”
Can you help?
We’re looking for individuals to help staff the Building Community table at the All-School Party. If you’re interested in helping spread the word about this important schoolwide effort, please provide your name and email address so we can contact you.