This seminar is designed for women faculty at the assistant professor level, with a minimum of two years in their faculty appointment at a U.S. or Canadian medical school, but generally less than eight years. There are either one or two sessions of this seminar held every year. To learn more about the session dates and objectives, visit the AAMC website. Applications for the 2020 seminar are now closed. Please check back in August 2020 to learn about opportunities for sponsorship for 2021.
Opportunity for Sponsorship
Each year, the Office for Faculty Affairs and Development (OFAD) will fund the registration fee for selected female Assistant Faculty members to attend this seminar. The number of selected faculty members will vary per year depending on the number of seminars and applications received. Travel and accommodation costs will not be covered by OFAD and applicants are encouraged to ask their divisions, departments or other sources. To be considered, submit an application for OFAD registration sponsorship at the application portal here. A committee of SMPH reviewers will evaluate the applications and applicants will be notified of their selection with time to complete the AAMC online application. OFAD funding does not guarantee acceptance by AAMC.
These are the materials you will need to include in your application for OFAD funding.
- Letter from your Department Chair supporting your application
- Letter from you/applicant (2 page max.) addressing these questions:
- Describe your current career stage (i.e. years at UW at current rank, previous appointments or positions). Do you have a current leadership position or aspire to having one and if so, please describe?
- Describe the extent and type of your previous professional development activities (i.e. faculty development courses, professional society development programs). Include everything related to leadership and anything else pertinent.
- What needs do you expect to be filled by this program? What skills do you expect to develop? How will you use these in the future?
- How do you plan to share the skills and information you acquire at this program with your SMPH colleagues?
- CV for you/applicant
Please ensure you include all materials and information and submit at the application portal. Applications are due by TBD.