In the Know is the main internal communications vehicle in the UW School of Medicine and Public Health, providing top-of-mind news for the SMPH community. As of today, Tuesday, Sept. 20, some exciting changes have arrived to make this e-newsletter a better reader experience.
- In the Know is now produced using Eloqua, an email marketing platform licensed by UW–Madison. It enables the use of graphics, when appropriate, and better tracking of metrics. This tracking will help us better understand what content is most useful for our audience and ensure we are meeting your needs. While the content is largely the same, the email looks more visually appealing.
- The e-newsletter is being to be delivered from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. This is due to Eloqua needing a unique sender address. It will no longer be delivered from the Office of the SMPH Dean (email@example.com). The sender name is still “Office of the SMPH Dean.”
- If you stop receiving In the Know, be sure to check your spam folder and configure your Outlook to recognize firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The audience has expanded to include all SMPH learners, in addition to the current all SMPH employee audience. This includes health professions students and basic sciences graduate students (PhD and MS). This allows us to reach the entire SMPH community in a way that builds connections and community.
- The editorial team may continue to refine the Eloqua template over time.
What’s the same?
- The publishing schedule of Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 a.m. is not changing at this time. However, please note that Eloqua may cause send times to vary by several minutes.
- The audience of the content remains as broad as possible to accommodate the entire SMPH community. When information or required action is only applicable to one group, such as employees, it will be noted to avoid confusion.
- The content is remaining largely the same, at least for now.
- You can continue to submit content for consideration via the In the Know submission form.
- You can continue to submit Shout Outs via the Recognize an SMPH Community Member form.
Thank you for reading In the Know. We hope you enjoy reading it as much as we enjoy working to keep our school informed, included, engaged, and inspired.
The editorial team
Kaine Korzekwa, MS
Executive and Internal Communications Manager
Wisconsin Medical Journal Managing Editor
Robyn M. Perrin, PhD, ELS
Chief Communications Officer, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health