This message was shared with all SMPH employees on Monday, Sept. 12.
All SMPH employees (including student employees and zero-dollar, temporary, and part-time appointments) are required to receive an influenza vaccination annually. This requirement is for all employees regardless of work location. If you have a valid medical, religious, or personal reason that prohibits you from receiving an influenza vaccine, you may submit an influenza vaccine medical waiver or influenza vaccine religious belief or personal conviction waiver.
As an SMPH employee, you must provide proof of vaccination or have a completed waiver on file by Monday, December 5, 2022. Waivers need to be filed annually.
If you receive your vaccine at a UHS clinic, then your information is automatically reported, and you do not need to submit documentation.
However, if you receive your shot through any other avenue, you must submit proof. Proof of vaccination and waivers may be sent to:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: (608) 262-9515
- Mail: 750 Highland Avenue Health Sciences Learning Center Room 4150 – Attn: Flu Madison, WI 53705
Examples of proof of vaccination include:
- Screenshot from your MyChart
- WI Immunization Registry record
- Walgreens receipt
- Note from doctor
The school is partnering with University Health Services to provide safe options for all employees to obtain their annual influenza vaccine. Multiple flu shots will be available, including thimerosal-free and a high-dose vaccine for individuals 65 or older. Scheduled clinics are at the link below. Very conveniently, there are two upcoming clinics on Tuesday, Sept. 13 and Wednesday, Sept. 14 in the Atrium of the Health Sciences Learning Center. These are an incredible opportunity to receive your vaccine and not have to take further action because it will be automatically reported to SMPH HR.
- These clinics do not offer any services related to tuberculosis (TB). If you are required to fulfill a TB compliance requirement for your UW Health appointment, please look for communication from UW Health about resources for completing the requirement.
- Faculty who are dually employed by UW Health and the school can also attend a UW Health Clinic, and their information will be automatically reported to both organizations. More information about these are located on U-Connect.
- If you are dually-employed by UW Health and SMPH and need to submit documentation because you got your shot at a location where it would not be automatically reported: Send your documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. UW Health HR will share it with the SMPH HR compliance team for our records. (If you happen to send it to SMPH HR by mistake, we will in turn share it with UW Health.)
- If you are only employed by UW Health: Send your documentation to email@example.com.
- Employees should bring their insurance card. If you do not have proof of insurance, you can still receive a flu shot at no cost at a UHS clinic.
- Please schedule appointments for these clinics and save time and complete your registration/consent form online first.
Questions about the influenza vaccination requirement or the influenza vaccination clinics may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your cooperation with this requirement!