In early August the UW Health IS Department will update the password.uwhealth.org website to offer new self-service options for common user account issues. The updated options are:
- Change Password (you know your password, and need to change it)
- Forgot Password (you forgot your password, and you want to create a new password)
- Unlock your User Account (you want to unlock your user account after typing an invalid password too many times)
These options allow you to resolve common user account issues without contacting the IS Service Desk, while also offering the ability to access these services from an external network and on your mobile device. You will need to be enrolled in multi-factor authentication (MFA) to use these self-service options. For information on enrolling in MFA, click here.
In early August the password.uwhealth.org website will receive an update to offer two new self-service options for resolving common user account issues: Forgot Password (you forgot your password, and you want to create a new password), and Unlock your User Account.
- You must be enrolled in the UW Health MFA service to use these features.
- To identify who you are, you will need to provide an address for the username:
- If you have a UW Health email address, use your email address for your username to sign in.
- If you do not have a UW Health email address, use [UW Health User Id]@pa.uwhealth.org for your username to sign in.
- When you use the Forget Password feature to set a new password, you will receive an email confirmation.
If you haven’t enrolled in the UW Health MFA service, now is an excellent time to sign up! For MFA enrollment information, click here.
Go to the link below for additional information and IS Service Desk contact information: