Elections have concluded for open faculty and academic staff representative seats on four School of Medicine and Public Health committees and councils. Four committees had seats up for election this year. Appointments of newly elected representatives will be effective on July 1, 2022.
Participating in SMPH shared governance is an essential part of fulfilling the school’s missions of education, research, and service. It also gives individuals the opportunity to gain insight into critical functions of the school.
“It is a privilege and a reflection of our shared governance tradition to participate in these elections and to serve on SMPH committees,” wrote Dean Robert N. Golden, MD, when voting began.
Congratulations to representatives who have been elected, and thank you to all who ran for an open committee seat and all who voted. We also thank current committee members whose terms expire this summer for their service. New committee members are listed below.
For a full committee lists and information about their functions, see the Committees and Councils page on the SMPH Intranet.
Academic Planning Council (APC)
- Sharon Gehl, MBA, Associate Director – Faculty Affairs, Department of Medicine
- Jennifer Weiss, MD, MS, Associate Professor, Department of Medicine
Educational Policy and Curriculum Committee (EPCC)
- Parag Tipnis, MD, Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Medicine
Medical Student Admissions Committee (MSAC)
- Jamie Kling, DO, Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Family Medicine and Community Health
- Tripti Singh, MD, Assistant Professor (CHS), Department of Medicine
- Deval Patel, MD, Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Medicine
Technical Standards and Access to Accommodations Committee (TSAAC)
- Paul Hunter, MD, Associate Professor (CHS), Department of Family Medicine and Community Health