We are excited to announce the launch and expansion of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) at SMPH, which have been successful for over two years at UW Health.
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are voluntary, employee-led groups that foster a diverse, inclusive workplace aligned with organizational mission, values, goals, business practices, and objectives.
ERGs do this by focusing on the experience and perspectives of people of a particular race, ethnic or cultural background, gender, gender identity, religion, age cohort, sexual orientation, history of disabilities, military services, or similar other parameters.
Why are ERGs Important
ERGs are important to UW Health & SMPH Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives. They provide opportunity for the following:
- Promote employee engagement and contribution across units
- Promote collaboration between employees and leadership
- Increase representation and retention
- Contribute to organizational diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Provide personal and professional leadership development of members
- Foster the transfer of knowledge up, down and across
- Increase cultural awareness within the organization
- Promote innovation
- Provide a framework of support and sense of belonging through developing peer support networks
- Sponsor cultural events
- Help strengthen transitions for new employees
- Make recommendations in service development and delivery
Current ERGs Offered
- LGBTQ+ ERG (QUILTBAG)
- Women’s Leadership ERG
- Black/African/African American ERG
- Military Service Membership ERG
- LatinX ERG
- Asian/Asian American/Pacific Islander ERG
- Use the link to apply for the Resident & Fellow (BIPOC) ERG
If you are interested in learning more about Employee Resource Groups at UW Health and SMPH or desire to join a group, please click the button below. If you have questions regarding ERG membership, please contact Afra Smith, Diversity Equity Inclusion Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UW Health & SMPH are committed to being a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Our Employee Resource Groups help support our commitment.