The first results from the SMPH Community Pulse survey have been released. This survey was administered to all SMPH staff (non-faculty) in the school in January. The survey garnered 1,777 responses, for a 43.5% response rate. The results will help chart future workplace climate improvement and diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts in the school.
“Results at a Glance” is the first installment of an ongoing series that will share results of the survey first and then larger themes and action plans based on both the results and the Building Community Strategic Refresh Retreat that occurred on January 28 with Building Community leaders and a large group representing all areas of the school.
Other installments in the coming weeks will include interesting crosstabs, open-ended question responses, demographics, and themes, suggestions, and short- and long-term action plans based on the results.
The privacy and confidentiality of respondents is of the upmost importance when communicating results.
The survey was short. In addition to demographic questions, it only asked eight questions that covered the topics of Respect, Opportunity, Authenticity, Belonging, Speaking up, Opinion, Performance, and Recognition. Overall, questions related to these topics received high percentages of “strong agree” or “agree.”
Questions asking about respect and valuing of opinion received the highest positive responses, while those about opportunity, speaking up, and recognition were relatively the lowest. See below for the full results, which are also available in the graphic.
- People I work with treat me with respect: 89%
- I have the same opportunities for professional success as my colleagues: 69%
- I feel encouraged to bring my whole and authentic self to SMPH: 70%
- I feel like I belong in our organization: 71%
- I feel comfortable speaking up when I see intolerance, mistreatment, or bias in action: 69%
- My opinion is valued by my team: 83%
- Our organization is a place where I am able to perform up to my full potential: 70%
- I feel recognized for my contribution to our organization: 64%
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the survey results.