We are excited to present more information and next steps on how campus will provide funding for compensation programs for this 2021-2022 year. The programs allocate central funding to provide pay increases for exceptional performance and retention.
The four programs include:
- Discretionary Compensation Fund (DCF): for university staff, academic staff, and limited appointees
- Performance Bonus Fund (PBF): for university staff, academic staff, faculty, and limited appointees. Bonuses should be considered under this program for faculty and staff who have gone well above the expectations set for their role during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Faculty Block Grant (FBG): for faculty
- Post Tenure Review Increment (PTRI): for tenured faculty
Each SMPH department will receive materials and budgeted dollars for review this week. Each department will holistically review the contributions faculty and staff have made and submit recommendations to the Dean’s Office by November 30, 2021. Departments are also encouraged to supplement the central funding with their own discretionary funds if they can.
Some basic, campus-wide parameters that SMPH departments will follow include:
- Faculty and staff must have completed the Preventing Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence at UW–Madison training to be eligible for increases. This training can be found at: https://compliance.wisc.edu/titleix/employee-training/.
- Faculty and staff must have completed the Cybersecurity Awareness Training. This training can be found at: https://it.wisc.edu/it-projects/cybersecurity-awareness-training/.
- Supervisors must have completed their employee performance evaluations. To view your Performance Management and Development Program (PMDP) dashboard, log in to PMDP on my.wisc.edu. For information about the PMDP system, go to https://intranet.med.wisc.edu/human-resources/performance-management/.
- To be eligible for a pay increase, employees cannot be within a probationary period or evaluation period.
- Employees are not eligible if there are documented performance issues.
- Rehired annuitants are not eligible for the bonuses/base-adjustments under these funding programs.
Employees may verify they have completed the required trainings by logging into the OHRD Catalog (wisc.edu) with their netID and password and viewing their transcript.
Once recommendations are approved for DCF, PBF, and FBG pay adjustments, the changes will be effective on:
- December 5, 2021 for PBF increases
- January 16, 2022 for DCF and FBG increases
- July 1, 2022 for PTRI increases
If you have any questions regarding these programs, please send them to your SMPH Human Resources Business Partner. If you have particular or specific questions regarding your performance or potential to be recommended for a pay adjustment, please discuss them with your supervisor.
—SMPH Human Resources