All SMPH faculty, staff, and student employees (including zero-dollar, temporary, and part-time appointments) are required to receive an influenza vaccination annually. This requirement is for all employees regardless of work location. If you have a valid medical, religious, or personal reason that prohibits you from receiving an influenza vaccination, you may submit an influenza vaccine medical waiver or influenza vaccine religious belief or personal conviction waiver. The 2021 waivers are not yet available but will be released when they are.
As an SMPH employee, you must provide proof of vaccination or have a completed waiver on file by Monday December 6, 2021. Waivers do need to be re-filed annually — this is a change from previous years.
If you receive your vaccine at a UHS clinic, then your information is automatically reported, and you do not need to submit documentation. However, if you receive your shot through any other avenue, you must submit proof.
Proof of vaccination and waivers may be sent to:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (608) 262-9515
- Mail: 750 Highland Avenue
Health Sciences Learning Center
Room 4150 – Attn: Flu
Madison, WI 53705
Examples of proof of vaccination include:
- Screenshot from your MyChart
- WI Immunization Registry record
- Walgreens receipt
- Note from doctor
SMPH will not be holding its own clinics in HSLC this year. The school is partnering with University Health Services to provide safe options for all employees to obtain their annual influenza vaccine. All UHS clinics have ended. Employees still in need of a flu shot will need to receive it elsewhere and submit proper documentation.
- These clinics do not offer any services related to tuberculosis (TB). If you are required to fulfill a TB compliance requirement for your UW Health appointment, please look for communication from UW Health about resources for completing the requirement.
- Dually-employed faculty who are additionally employed by UW Health can also attend a UW Health Clinic, and their information will be automatically reported. More information about these are located on U-Connect.
- If you are dually-employed by UW Health and SMPH: Send your documentation to email@example.com. UW Health HR will share it with the SMPH HR compliance team for our records. (If you happen to send it to SMPH HR by mistake, we will in turn share it with UW Health.)
- If you are singly employed by UW Health: Send your documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Employees should bring their insurance card. If you do not have proof of insurance, you can still receive a flu shot at no cost at a UHS clinic.
- Please schedule appointments for these clinics and save time and complete your registration/consent form online first.
- Wear a face covering to your appointment.
Questions about the influenza vaccination requirement or the influenza vaccination clinics may be directed to: email@example.com