Elections have concluded for open faculty representative seats on six School of Medicine and Public Health committees and councils. Four committees had seats up for election this year, and two new committees are being established. No staff seat vacancies occurred this election cycle. Appointments of newly elected representatives will be effective on July 1, 2021.
Participating in SMPH shared governance is an essential part of fulfilling the school’s missions of education, research, and service. It also gives individuals the opportunity to gain insight into critical functions of the school.
“It is a privilege and a reflection of our shared governance tradition to participate in these elections and to serve on SMPH committees,” wrote Dean Robert N. Golden, MD, when voting began.
Congratulations to representatives who have been elected, and thank you to all who ran for an open committee seat and all who voted. We also thank current committee members whose terms expire this summer for their service. New committee members are listed below.
For a full committee lists and information about their functions, see the Committees and Councils page on the SMPH Intranet.
Academic Planning Council (APC)
- Marguerite Burns, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Population Health Sciences
- Stephanie Savage, MD, MS, Professor (CHS), Department of Surgery
- William Sugden, PhD, Professor, Department of Oncology
Educational Policy and Curriculum Committee (EPCC)
- Jomol Mathew, PhD, Associate Professor (CHS), Department of Population Health Sciences and Chief, Biomedical Informatics
- Scott Mead, MD, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Medicine
Medical Student Admissions Committee (MSAC)
- Kelly Eagen, MD, Assistant Professor (CHS), Family Medicine and Community Health
- Robin Wright, MD, Clinical Associate Professor, Pediatrics
Student Promotion and Academic Review Committee (SPARC)
- Kalyan Nadiminti, MBBS, Assistant Professor (CHS), Medicine
Research Professor Track Appointments and Promotion Committee (RPTAPC)
- Guang-Hong Chen, PhD, Professor, Medical Physics
- Ricki Colman, PhD, Assistant Professor, Cell and Regenerative Biology
- Josh Coon, PhD, Professor, Biomolecular Chemistry
- Jenny Gumperz, PhD, Professor, Medical Microbiology and Immunology
- Ozioma Okonkwo, PhD, Associate Professor, Medicine
- Raghu Vemuganti, PhD, Professor, Neurological Surgery
Teaching Professor Track Appointments and Promotion Committee (TPTAPC)
- Shobhina Chheda, MD, MPH, Professor (CHS), Medicine
- Sarah E. McAchran, MD, Associate Professor (CHS), Urology
- Dipesh Navsaria, MPH, MSLIS, MD, Associate Professor (CHS), Pediatrics
- Elaine Pelley, MD, Associate Professor (CHS), Medicine
- Humberto Rosas, MD, Associate Professor (CHS), Radiology
- Ajay Sethi, PhD, MHS, Associate Professor, Population Health Sciences
- Virginia Snyder, PhD, PA-C, Associate Professor (CHS), Family Medicine and Community Health