- A Hot Topics in Public Health symposium on “Gun Violence Prevention as a Public Health Priority” will occur on October 26 from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. A panel of six experts will reflect on the topic from a variety of perspectives. Learn more and submit a question for panelists
- UW Health clinicians are using current respiratory treatments and are working with the School of Medicine and Public Health to develop several novel therapies for COVID-19. Read more
- Two candidates for the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health Chair search will be giving “refresher” town halls next week: Jennifer Edgoose, MD, MPH, associate professor in the SMPH Department of Family Medicine and Community Health on October 13 at 4-5 p.m. and Phillip Rodgers, MD, FAAHPM, professor of family medicine and internal medicine at the University of Michigan Medical School on October 14 at 4-5 p.m.
- View this week’s Quick Links, including sad news about the passing of former faculty member Steven Kornguth, PhD, a call for submissions for arts journal Corpus Callosum, Cybersecurity Awareness Month, an update on leadership searches.
Building an Anti-Racist SMPH
- View upcoming events relating to anti-racism topics at UW–Madison and beyond.
Please send kudos about your colleagues. Honor someone at go.wisc.edu/shoutout and we’ll share the stories. Submit your thoughts and we’ll share them in a future issue.
Advice and resources, by clinical specialty: Our school encompasses many medical disciplines, and research and work areas. Check out “Staying Sane and Current on COVID-19” from MedPage Today for advice and resources categorized by specialty.