The Annual Benefits Enrollment (ABE) period is September 28 – October 23, 2020. This is the annual opportunity for eligible employees to make benefit plan changes, consider new enrollments and/or drop coverage. Changes made during ABE are effective January 1, 2021.
- Attend the Virtual Benefit Fair Sessions to learn more about your benefits directly from the benefit plan administrators!
- A brief video that highlights changes for 2021 can be accessed here.
The ABE website provides benefit information for each benefit and what changes and/or options are available to you during the Annual Benefit Enrollment benefit year 2021. The site allows you quick access to all of the resources you need to make changes through MyUW Benefits- Self Service
Prior to Open Enrollment, it is important for you to review your current benefit elections. These are just a few of the questions you can ask yourself to prepare for ABE/Open Enrollment:
- Do I want to make changes to my health plan?
- Do I want to opt out of health insurance for 2021?
- Do I need to add or remove a dependent?
- Do I wish to change to a High Deductible Health Plan? If so, you will need to enroll in a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Do I need to re-enroll in my HSA or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for 2021?
- Do I need an optional vision insurance coverage plan?
- Do I need additional dental insurance coverage?
If you have any questions after reviewing the Annual Benefits Enrollment Website, please contact your Payroll & Benefits Coordinator. You can find contact information for your coordinator on the SMPH HR directory.