- An op-ed article co-authored by Dean Golden of SMPH and Dean Joseph Kerschner of Medical College of Wisconsin describes a path forward from the ravages of COVID-19. The article appeared in Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and several other news outlets.
- The SMPH HR team will offer two sessions about Smart Restart for supervisors and managers next week. They will occur on August 25 from 10:00-11:00 a.m. and August 28 from 1:00-2:00 p.m. Webex information is forthcoming.
- Change in date for SMPH Fall All-Faculty/Staff Meeting: The next meeting will occur on October 12 from 4:30-6:00 p.m. Agenda and Webex information are forthcoming.
- Reminder: The UW School of Medicine and Public Health Virtual White Coat Ceremony is this Friday afternoon, August 21. All are welcome to view the livestream on the SMPH Facebook page starting at 3:00 p.m. Visit http://go.wisc.edu/smphwhitecoat for additional information and photos.
- Reminder: Several campus virtual information sessions about Smart Restart occur this week:
- Reminder: Call for nominations — 2020 University of Wisconsin-Madison Outstanding Women of Color Awards. A total of 1-2 nominations will be submitted by the Dean’s Office. To submit a name, please fill out this form by August 31.
- Please send kudos about your colleagues. Honor someone at go.wisc.edu/shoutout and we’ll share the stories. Visit this page to see a collection of shout-outs to date. Submit your thoughts and we’ll share them in a future issue.
“Traci Gaydos and Elizabeth Tuschen envisioned and carried out a plan to safely have all 176 incoming medical students attend orientation in the HSLC on Monday, August 17. A considerable amount of behind-the-scenes work and resources were required to pull this off and make it seem effortless. Thanks to their organization and astute problem solving skills, the day was a huge success.” — Denise Barnes, Phase 1 Educational Coordinator, Medical Education Office and Academic Affairs
- Sustaining your remote team: From building “psychological safety” to encouraging trust and transparency, this blog from Trello has tips for keeping your remote team going.
Staying strong & supporting one another:
- Ensure safety while running: Solo exercise activities, such as running, are on the rise and a Washington Post article has tips for preventing injuries and improving your performance.