- A Smart Restart Town Hall for UW–Madison employees will be held at noon-1:00 p.m. on August 13.
- The first campus COVID-19 testing site is now open, located on Henry Mall between University Avenue and Linden Drive.
Events and happenings:
- Call for nominations: 2020 University of Wisconsin-Madison Outstanding Women of Color Awards. A total of 1-2 nominations will be submitted by the Dean’s Office under the direction of co-interim Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officers Dr. Tracy Downs, Manuel Santiago, and Danielle Yancey. To submit a name, please fill out this form by August 31, 2020. (If you have directly nominated someone, or plan to do so, please submit their name so we can coordinate nominations. Individuals who are not selected to be a Dean’s Office nominee can be directly nominated by their department or unit.) The deadline for final nomination packet submission to the UW–Madison Division of Diversity, Equity and Educational Achievement is September 14, 2020.
- Reminder: The statewide primary election is tomorrow, August 11. Learn more about voting information at vote.wisc.edu and My Vote Wisconsin.
- Help us recruit for employment opportunities including Department Administrator, Family Medicine and Community Health; Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer; and other openings.
- The SMPH Office of Continuing and Professional Development is hosting two sessions for faculty and staff interested in planning virtual accredited continuing education in the coming year. Session dates: August 20 from 12:30-3:00 p.m. and August 28 from 9:30-11:30 a.m.
- The annual Bike the State challenge has begun. Learn more about how to get involved.
- The Institute for Clinical and Translational Research is offering a webinar on “Repurposing Research as Part of a Patient-Centric Strategy: Drugs, Devices and More” on August 13 at noon-1:00 p.m. Register
- A new version of SMPH policy 30.10 – Distribution of Invention Royalties has been released.
- Please send kudos about your colleagues. Honor someone at go.wisc.edu/shoutout and we’ll share the stories. Visit this page to see a collection of shout-outs to date. Submit your thoughts and we’ll share them in a future issue.
- How to clean your computer (without frying it): Get tips on how best to clean your computer while working from home, including the screen, keyboard, and exterior.
Staying strong & supporting one another:
- Self-care tips during the COVID-19 pandemic: Tips on taking care of your mental and physical health during this time by managing social pressures.