- Additional Smart Restart resources have been released for supervisors and employees. Also available: communication toolkits, facilities information, and more for department and unit administrators.
- The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) hass developed a curated list of webinars and virtual conferences on health equity topics such as maternal health equity, COVID-19 racial and ethnic disparities, systemic racism and health, and responding to crisis in the Latino population with a health equity lens.
- Reminder: August 4 is the deadline for accepting round 1 parking permit offers. At this time, SMPH is anticipating that only individuals who need to be on-site in order to keep the education operation running will be expected to return to campus in the fall. Parking enforcement resumes for all of campus starting September 1, 2020. Visit the Transportation Services Smart Restart Hub to learn more about parking options; recent changes include an expanded capacity for pay-per-use flex parking permits.
- Reminder: A virtual learning series, 31 Days of Women Leadership Learning, will launch on Monday, August 3, with a keynote address by Gloria Ladson-Billings, PhD, Professor Emerita and former Kellner Family Distinguished Chair of Urban Education. Each day of August will feature one learning opportunity from a woman leader. The event focuses on finding, building and using one’s voice. Registration is free.
- Please send kudos about your colleagues. Honor someone at go.wisc.edu/shoutout and we’ll share the stories. Visit this page to see a collection of shout-outs to date. Submit your thoughts and we’ll share them in a future issue.
- For researchers — COVID-19 Funding Opportunities and FAQs: SMPH medRAMP has developed a site for all investigators to go and look for COVID funding. This is a “one stop shop” that is updated frequently.
Staying strong & supporting one another:
- Helping kids stay active: Check out advice from the School of Education on how to keep children active without the help of physical education (PE) classes.