- A virtual Celebration of Life will be held on July 22 at 8:30 a.m. in memory of Dr. Edward Jackson, former Chair of Medical Physics, who passed away on June 2. The event will be hosted on UW Madison’s Webex Event platform at this link. Click to join any time after 8 a.m. to view a slideshow celebrating Ed’s life. Reflections will begin just after 8:30 a.m. Please note that the ceremony will not be recorded.
- Follow-up materials are available from this week’s virtual discussion, “Committed to Change: A Call to Action” offered by the Division of Diversity, Equity & Educational Achievement. Visit the DDEEA website for a full recording of the discussion and links to resources.
- A new issue of Wisconsin Medical Journal (WMJ) is available online, including several articles authored by SMPH members. WMJ is a peer-reviewed, indexed journal that is jointly owned by SMPH and the Medical College of Wisconsin. The journal also seeks volunteer peer reviewers. Please indicate your interest and credentials here.
- SMPH faculty are invited to attend a webinar on July 15 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. focused on national updates to the residency application process in the COVID-19 era. The webinar is offered by colleagues in the MD Academic Career and Development Program (ACAP) team. Questions? Contact Brian C. Núñez, Director of Career Advising and Wellness. WebEx link
- Please send kudos about your colleagues. Honor someone at go.wisc.edu/shoutout and we’ll share the stories. Visit this page to see a collection of shout-outs to date. Stay tuned for more!
“In these turbulent times, radiology-IT (Bob Ash, Florian, Peng Sue, Hoklan H and colleagues, led by Andy Craven) has been wonderful in their efforts at providing seamless support, whether it’s been in terms of getting everyone remote access, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, and generally being there to meet our needs. Transition to work-from-home has been smooth, thanks to their diligent and enthusiastic efforts!” – Veena Nair, PhD, Senior Scientist, Department of Radiology
- Professional development goes virtual: Check out the latest episode, “Setting Goals During a Time of Uncertainty,” from the Connect, Learn and Grow series offered by the Office of Human Resources. Episodes are short and free.
Staying strong & supporting one another:
- Learning to combat loneliness while working from home: The Council for Advancement and Support of Education has a short list of ways to combat feeling alone during this time.