May 11, 2020 SMPH COVID-19 Update

Shout-outs:

• Please send kudos about your colleagues. Honor someone at go.wisc.edu/shoutout and we’ll share the stories. Visit this page to see a collection of shout-outs to date. Stay tuned for more!

“I would like to thank all the Physical Plant personnel that have kept our campus running during these past weeks. A huge shout-out to the plumbers, electricians, carpenters, steam-fitters who do an amazing job day in and day out!” – Beth Bierman, Associate Student Services Coordinator, Department of Biostatistics and Medical Informatics

“I had a computer emergency this week and called the Department of Medicine’s Help Desk for advice. Frank Stanek asked me to bring in my laptop to be examined, and I expressed concern that I would not be able to work without it. Within hours he found an alternate way for me to get access to the software I needed, and by the end of the day, my laptop was as good as new. The Help Desk is always amazingly responsive, but Frank really went above and beyond to keep me productive on a difficult day.” – Erin Jonaitis, Associate Scientist, Department of Medicine and Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Institute

Telecommuting tip:

Staying strong & supporting one another: 

• Making your home workspace more ergonomic: See this CNBC article on “Cheap ways to make your work-from-home space more ergonomic and better for your back.” – Tip courtesy of SMPH Doctor of Physical Therapy Program