Submitting Grants and Contracts
In This Section
Investigators at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health should carefully read federal and nonfederal agency guidelines for proposal submission. These guidelines may be general, covering all unsolicited proposals, or specific to a particular program.
Information usually found in the guidelines includes submission deadline, program requirements, allowable budget costs, allowable indirect cost and submission information including the address to which the proposal should be sent and the number of copies required. Some even specify the number of pages allowed and the type size.
Close attention should be paid to these items since they will not be detected at the UW School of Medicine and public Health before the proposal is submitted. It is the responsibility of the principal investigator (PI) to follow the agency instructions.
Policies, Procedures and Regulations
- Center Policy Profile (pdf)
- Gifts to Accounts Controlled by Donor (doc)
- Expanding Edits (doc)
- SMPH Research Space Guidelines (pdf)
- Processing of Incoming Payments (doc)
- Processing Matrix (xls)
NIH Enhancing Peer Review/Restructured Applications
Applications for due dates on or after January 25, 2010 require use of new forms and new instructions. New instructions mean shorter page limits! The changes apply to all competing applications: new, renewal, resubmission and revision. If there are multiple selections for a Funding Opportunity Announcement, be sure to use form set Adobe Forms B.
The following resources contain additional guidance:
- Enhancing Peer Review Home Page
- Web Video: What Applicants Need to Know Now (12 Minutes)
- Preparing a R01 Research Application, by Elizabeth Burnside, UW Department of Radiology (ppt)
- NIH Form Change Highlights (pdf)
- NIH eRA Items of Interest (doc)
Grant Submission Resources for SMPH Investigators
- UW-Madison Cayuse424
- UW-Madison Proposal Development Forms
- UW-Madison Wisconsin Proposal Electronic Routing (WISPER)
- Grants.gov Agency-Specific Information
- How to Get an Agreement Signed by the University of Wisconsin-Madison