In This Section
Promotion and Tenure Related Information
The University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in Madison is committed to creating programs and providing resources for faculty and staff to develop their knowledge and abilities in research, education, clinical work and leadership.
The Office of the Associate Dean for Faculty Development and Faculty Affairs, led by Patricia Kokotailo, MD, facilitates programming in all of these areas.
The office also provides coordination with other divisions and offices in the UW School of Medicine and Public Health, as well as University of Wisconsin-Madison and University of Wisconsin System.
Highlights from Past Events
Career Paths 201: Time Management and Work-Life Balance, April 30, 2013:
- Time Management and Work-Life Balance Presentation (pdf)
- Case: The Academic Day (pdf)
- Case: The Clinical Day (pdf)
Career Paths 101: Planning for Promotion, November 13, 2012:
- Getting Started: Navigating the UWSMPH Website Regarding Tracks and Promotions (pdf)
- Planning for Promotion: Important Information, Promotion Packets, and Academic Portfolios (pdf)
Videos from Dr. Renee Jenkins' September 2011 visit:
- Health Equity: Fulfilling the Promise to the Next Generation
- Evaluating Professionalism: Getting Past "I Know It When I See It"
View "Practical Educational Tidbits" from Alan Knox, keynote speaker at Medical Education Day 2011:
- Basic Questions and Procedures to Enhance Learning and Performance (doc)
- Professional Development: A Bibliographic Essay (doc)
- Twenty Questions About Exploring How Things Work, With Implications for Educational Leadership (doc)
Faculty Honors and Awards
View recent awards at the UW School of Medicine and Public Health.